This is a slide show application that shows pictures, which is supported by QuickTime, in a folder.
phoby shows transparent picture as front window, so you can always see pictures.
A slide show can be started by drag & drop from iPhoto to phoby, so you can see your iPhoto albums.
- Show a picture only. (no title bar)
- Transparent. (It's a Aqua's advantage.)
- Show slide as top level window. (You can always see it.)
- Ignore click action, so you can control through phoby.
- Crossdisolve change effect (like iPhoto)
phoby (1.2 or later) requires Mac OS X 10.2.x.
phoby is free software.
The license of phoby is GNU Public License. You can edit, change, redistribute freely.
You can start new slide show by select files and/or folders via File->Open... or drag & drop to an application icon.
You can drop photos from iPhoto.
You can start iPhoto album slide show from menu, which is File->Open iPhoto Album sub menus.
You can append pictures to active slide window by select files and/or folders via File->Add... or drag & drop to a slide window.
Grab the right bottom of window, then change the size of window.
Grab other area, then move the window.
Select menu of Slide->Zoom, then zoom the window (avoid menu bar and Dock).
Select menu of Slide->Show control drawer, then show a slider to change transparency rate.
Select menu of Slide->Change slide iterval..., then show a sheet to change interval of slide.
A minimum interval is 2 sec.
Select menu of File->Save, then save a slide set, and you can select this file via File->Open....
Select menu of Slide->Change buffer size..., then you can control buffer size (how many slides preload?).
- Project @ SourceForge.jp:
- phoby open iPhoto album from menu.
- This slide show uses iPhoto's thumbnails
- fixed memory leak bug.
- fixed a bug, which doesn't set buffering size to field to show initial value.
- improved crossdissolve performance when buffering is active.
- fixed a bug. Because phoby linked unnesessary framework, phoby couldn't launch on usual environment.
- Heitaro-san gave me a bug information.
- I fixed a bug. When you open phoby 1.3 file and save, that file cannot be opened.
- I removed pss file suffix.
- pss file work only with phoby 2.0.
- If you have pss file, change suffix from pss to slide.
- improved crossdisolve performance.
- phoby accepts URL.
- use File->Add URL... menu.
- changed file format for this feature.
- This is trade off HDD access and memory size.
- I added slide appending function.
- I added save function.
- This version requires MacOSX 10.2.
- phoby ignore mouse a click when phoby isn't active.
- You can operate active application (window) through phoby's window.
- phoby treat PICT again, because Mac OS X 10.2 fixed PICT memory problem (maybe).
- Drawer was redesigned. Now, interval time is changed on sheet.
- I removed PICT from available file type, because PICT maybe have memory leaks.
- Crossdisolve effect.
- You can change slide interval time.
- There is input field in Drawer without any description.
- input number (seconds) and hit return key.
- minimum interval is 2 sec.
older versions' information
You can checkout anonymous CVS repository.
cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/phoby login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/phoby co src
Mr. Shiroyama advised to me how to handle plural files drag&droped as one document in Mac OS X Dev-jp Mailing List.
Christian Grunenberg, who is author of PhotoStikies, advised how to ignore mouse event on window.
Heitaro-san gave me a bug information.
- Macintosh Life(Japanese)
- Author's page
- Criss's page. He produces PhotoStikies, etc.